Wednesday, November 6, 2013

the lion of the tribe of judah

(I would love to know who the artist is to give credit.)

I can't get enough of this picture. When I first saw it I immediately thought of the book of Revelation when God is referred to as the lion of the tribe of Judah. This picture evokes the feelings of safety that God has given me throughout the years when waves of sickness tried to drowned our family. God's peace is so tangible. I would love to just bury my face in that mane because that's what it feels like when He shelters you from a storm.  

Imagine for a moment if your young child got separated from you in the middle of Black Friday crowds at the mall. It would only take one sight of you to send him running, full speed towards your embrace. He would bury his face in your legs, wrap his arms around your body and squeeze you sooo tight. And he would know with confidence that as soon as he reached you and felt your touch that he was safe. Even though the crowd is still just as large as hurried and hectic as before, all it would take is your presence to make his world right. That's how God is with us. He's there waiting to let you bury your face in his loving peace and drowned out the world around you until you are confident and safe again. We were never meant to face this world alone.

But one of the twenty-four elders said to me, “Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David’s throne, has won the victory. 
Revelation 5:4-6 

----------------------------------------
 "You would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you." - Aslan

(and yes, I'm a C.S. Lewis fan to boot)