Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear Tasia

I've started to write this post to you so many times but emotion overtakes me and I've had to stop.  I have thought that if I started crying I might not stop.  Not out of sadness though, out of amazement and joy!  You have inspired me my sweet. You have shown me what it is to be truly brave in the most intense circumstances. You have given me the desire to strive for the greatest accomplishment of my life and achieve it. You have given me reason to hope and to trust God with all my heart.  You have shown bravery that only true heroes are born with.  You, my sweet, are an amazing girl and I wake up every morning and look at you and thank God that He chose me to be your mom.  When you were little and your personality started developing I noticed right away that you were very stubborn - a characteristic you got from me. At first this trait frustrated me as we are both so stubborn that at times we would butt heads.  Secretly I've always loved to see this side of you because it showed just how much you and I are truly alike.  But not until recently did I realize that this was a trait that God gave you for a reason. I realized that being stubborn was what caused you to breath over the top of the vent in ICU because you were determined to "do it yourself". It's what made you walk to the end of the hallway during physical therapy instead of the goal given to you of just half way.  It's what made you beg for a surgery that is considered one of the toughest and most painful you can get... because you were determined to get well. I love that about you!

 I admire you dear one because when you could have chosen to feel sorry for yourself because of suffering pain for almost 9 years -  you chose instead to just be HAPPY!  If there was one word to describe you it would most definitely be HAPPY!  You bring joy into the room where ever you go and brighten every one's day with your smile. 

If you have learned anything from this whole experience I hope it's that God will never leave you - never. He loves you so much and wants the best for you. Trust Him with all your heart and delight yourself in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart. Always remember that He is the one that got you through this and turned your life around. He always causes you to win!

I am so thrilled to see your new pain free life unfold in front of our eyes.  You have a beautiful and bright future ahead of you and I cannot wait to see what plans God has for your future. 



I love you Peaches!!

XOXO,
Mama