Thursday, April 15, 2010

OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!

Why? Why oh why can I not go somewhere, anywhere for that matter without something ridiculous happening.  It's like a law of nature that if something crazy or embarrassing is going to happen it's going to be when I'm around.

Well today I had to go to the doctor and while there he asked me to get some lab work done.  I proceeded down to the lab and sat down in one of two patient chairs to give them my insurance information.  While I sat there a male lab tech came and sat with the another employee at the desk right next to me.
The phone rang and it was the guys wife who was hysterical that someone just broke down their fence and stole their dogs.  
While sitting there I listened to the whole story and overheard that his wife was calling the police etc.  They asked me to have a seat in the waiting room and I did.  My chair happened to be just behind the male lab tech and other employee and I was only about 6 feet away at that point.  
The phone rang again and it was his wife who told him that their neighbors found the dogs and everything was okay.  
The guy was very relieved and told his wife what a good job she had done and that he was glad the dogs were safe.  

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER...

While he was talking to her, he lifted the back of his shirt.  
AND STUCK HIS HAND DOWN HIS PANTS AND GAVE HIS BUTT CHEEK A RUB.
I could see the band of his boxers and his scrubs and his hand was down 
BOTH PAIRS!.

All I could think was  - Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me this cannot be the guy who takes blood. I immediately grabbed my phone and began Facebooking this nastiness to my friends.  And at the same time he turned around and said, "Jillian will you come with me?"
OH CRAP! NO WAY!  
I felt a wave of panic come over me. Do I shrug it off and let him take my blood all the while trying not to throw up?  Do I tell him he's disgusting and run away?  
Oh my gosh this dude was just rubbin' his BUNS and now wants to put me in a so called sterile environment and pierce a needle exposing my body to his booty hands?

"Jillian, will you come with me?" he said.

I sat pretty much froze, starred straight ahead at the ground and said.

"nooooo. (long awkward silence)  I'm sorry but you'll have to get someone else to take my blood."
(fidget, fidget)
He walked away very puzzled and said, "Ooooooo-kay, she wants someone else to take her blood."

The other patient who was sitting toward the back corner of the waiting room looked at me with eyes begging to know what was going on.
I told her,
"HE HAD HIS HANDS DOWN HIS PANTS, TOUCHING HIS BUNS!  
You should have seen the look on her face - ha ha.

A new lady came and said, "Can I take you blood?" (LOL!)
I said of course and followed her into the blood draw area.  I explained the whole thing and she couldn't quit laughing and apologizing.  

I'm just glad she understood because I was mortified.