Monday, January 18, 2010

sneak peek

I've decided that I want to mix up my repertoire a bit.  Seeing that I heart cooking so much it would be sad to not truly expand my horizons right?  So with that being said, I have decided that I'm going to make 1-2 new recipes from different FOOD NETWORK chefs once a week.

-Today's dinner is-

Now honey you add acorn squash to a meal - well, I'm in Heaven but then to throw in sweet potatoes!!!  Thank you Robin Miller for coming up with such a tasty sounding meal.  It even has delicious LEEKS in it.  And what a pretty dish it's going to be.
Here, I'll give you a sneak peek...


Chicken will top off these delicious veggies and the glaze has Orange Marmalade, Hoisin Sauce, Maple Syrup... Are you drooling yet?  I'll post the results tonight.

And here are the results...
Cloudy with a chance of sweet potatoes


What started out to be  beautiful and vibrant  turned into a kinda ugly looking dish but the fam really enjoyed it.  I think the chicken really shined and picked up just the right amount of sweetness, but in my opinion the veggies were too SWEET for my taste.  Over all it was good and the fact that it's a slow cooker meal was super sweet too - no pun intended.