Thursday, February 9, 2012

Versace - Man pup extraordinaire

Tonight we had a little scare with Versace. He's still only 2.5 lbs and to keep him from running all over the house and out of trouble we keep him in the tiled area of the house that we block off by a baby gate. This afternoon Xander was leaning on the gate and it collapsed on top of Versace with Xander on top of it and the pup. He would not stop yelping and wouldn't put weight on one of his tiny little front paws. We were pretty sure his leg was broken. When Isaac called me my heart sank. I LOVE this little guy and the thought of him hurting broke my heart. I called the vet and Isaac jumped in the car and rushed him to be seen. I was so shaken up that when I was talking to the receptionist she asked me what kind of dog he is and I couldn't even remember. I kept saying, " Um... I can't remember. Gosh he's the tiny kind.... Ummmm. I just can't remember cuz I'm shaken up.... Oh yeah, he's a yorkie." What a nerd! I just totally blanked! Long story short he is okay. No broken bones just a soft tissue injury. This just made me realize even more how much I love my little man pup! Every girl needs some Versace in her life...