Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Relationships

Lately I've been thinking a lot about relationships and people held close to our hearts.  It seems as though everyone is looking for that bond and closeness in someone near to them.  Whether it be a friendship or a bond between family members.  We all need it and in some fashion we all strive to find it.

I've had a tugging at my heart recently because I've realized that relationships are a two way street.  You can't take and not give in return. You also can't give and give of yourself only to be overlooked.  There has to be nurturing of these delicate relationships and when that has failed we can't be surprised when we wake up one day to realize that it's faded or maybe even disappeared.

Today I want to truly focus on how we can pour into the lives of those around us rather than just focus on our own little worlds.
(weheartit)